The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Lead Game Designer, Gameloft
Location: Barcelona, Spain
- Coordinate with the Creative Director, Studio Manager, Senior Producers and and other team leads to define the game vision and execute on that vision with excellence.
- Direct the tone, gameplay and meta structure of the project with an eye on innovation, while leveraging a healthy F2P ecosystem
- Collaborate with gameplay designers to ensure that game designs meet quality requirements and documentation standards. Set clear creative goals and deliverables; lead and focus efforts across the design team to ensure a cohesive experience across the game and service.
- Anticipate threats to quality and innovation and work effectively with the team leads to mitigate.
- Build and maintain a collaborative relationship with Art, Technology, Audio and Production that ensures a best-in-industry production process.
- Coordinate and direct level design teams, to ensure the perfect synergy between mechanics and progression through the game.
- Allocate, coordinate and plan resources in collaboration with managers and producers. Anticipate recruitment needs of game designers and participate in the recruitment process.
- Above 4 years as GD including experiences as lead GD or main GD for core gameplay on mobile platforms
- Must have shipped at least 2 successful titles as a lead or senior GD position
- Proficient in all aspects of game design such as gameplay, balancing, and reward system, etc.
- Ability to concisely convey ideas, formulate and develop complex concepts
- Capable of providing focused and inspiring creative leadership, and able to coordinate and motivate a whole design team
- Up-to-date on the mobile market and trend
- Ability to hold a strong creative vision while also keeping that vision agile
- High visual creativity and passion for developing video games
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent level of English
- Knowledge of object oriented and natural programming languages
- Working experience on Next Gen platforms
- University degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
Why Join the World of Gameloft?
- Because you want to be part of an exceptional experience within a company that is constantly growing!
- Because you want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
- Because you want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, just because you’re looking for a great place to work!
What can Gameloft Barcelona offer you even more?
- Private health insurance
- Permanent contract with career-development opportunities
- An exceptional, dynamic, demanding and motivating working environment within a fast-growing company
- Monthly ticket restaurant card
- Free fruit every morning
- Central location and beautiful view in front of Sagrada Familia
- Free afternoon on your birthday
- 25 days of annual paid leave
- An international environment which offers daily contact with other countries & cultures.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.