The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Framingham, MA
Disruptor Beam is building a new generation of games for every screen, based on popular universes like Game of Thrones and Star Trek. This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing company, alongside a veteran team, working with some of the most iconic brands in entertainment.
As a Lead Game Designer you will work side-by-side with a team of designers, developers and product managers to help create world-class cross-platform game experiences. The ideal candidate has experience leading the design and managing teams to create top grossing mobile free-to-play games.
Their expertise in monetization and data-informed design will help Disruptor Beam launch a new Unannounced Project based off a popular IP. If you are passionate about building the next top grossing mobile game with a team of talented designers and developers, this job could be for you!
When applying for this position, please provide a link to your portfolio that includes process and UI wireframes. If you have applications or games in the AppStore that you were principally responsible for the UI or UX design for, let us know about those as well!
What You’ll Do
- Inform and lead the design and balance of game systems, mechanics and content for live and in-development games
- Analyze player engagement and spending behavior to inform game roadmaps, optimizations and balancing
- Design and balance the player engagement and monetization to create a successful free-to-play game
- Communicate effectively within the game team and with project stakeholders to align vision, influence improvements and attain buy-in for designs
- Collaborate with other designers, UX designers, engineers and producers to implement and improve gameplay features
- Effectively manage the needs of internal stakeholders
- Advocate good design practices within the organization
- Assist with mentoring and training of game designers
What We Seek
- Deep understanding of games and what makes them fun, both as gamer and a professional
- 5+ years game design experience on shipped or live mobile, free-to-play games
- Experience leading a team of designers in at least one shipped game
- Excellent knowledge of mid-core, mobile, free-to-play (Game of War, Clash of Kings, etc)
- Active free-to-play mobile game player who thinks critically about the design and monetization of those games.
- Excellent critical, analytical and feedback abilities
- Incredible written and verbal communicators who can work within their team, across disciplines and with key stakeholders
- Love of Game of Thrones, Star Trek or similar fantasy/sci-fi/horror fan-based IPs
- Familiarity with Unity or similar programs, experience working directly in the game engine to manually adjust the game
- Big plus to applicants that have led and maintained a game in the top 500 grossing mobile app charts
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
What You’ll Get
- We offer world class health insurance. You'll have access to a national network of doctors that provides comprehensive coverage when you need it most.
- We believe that rest unlocks creativity, so we encourage our employees to take advantage of our open vacation policy. Our employees take as much vacation as they want, when they want it, as long as they’re getting their work done.
- Start work earlier or later according to your inner clock as the core office hours don’t start until 10 am.
Disruptor Beam is a Boston-area game company that transports fans of beloved movies, literary and television series into the worlds they love. By linking game content to episodes and books, players become a part of the world as stories continue to evolve around them. The company's games are available on the App Store for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch; on Google Play for Android devices; and on the web. Founded and led by game industry veteran and serial entrepreneur Jon Radoff, Disruptor Beam is backed by a group of technology and gaming entrepreneurs from the Boston area.
At Disruptor Beam, we we celebrate, support, and thrive on hiring people from different and diverse backgrounds. Disruptor Beam is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Disruptor Beam does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Disruptor Beam employees or any other company location. Disruptor Beam is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.