The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: London, Ontario
Based in London, Ontario, Canada, Digital Extremes proudly ranks as one of the world’s top independent game development studios. With a development history spanning two decades, Digital Extremes has brought some of gaming’s most recognizable titles to players worldwide.
Digital Extremes prides itself on providing a warm, inviting, creative work environment for its team and has recently been named as one of 'Canada's Top 100 Employers'. Competitive salaries, profit sharing, stock options, retirement matching, ample vacation and free daily homemade lunches are just a few of the many perks our employees enjoy.
But all these perks aren't worth much if you're not working on exciting ambitious projects that get your creative juices flowing and that's where DE shines. So, join us in London, Ontario, the family-friendly Forest City and land of impressively affordable living to be a part of a passionate, devoted team of developing ninjas.
Salary range: $40,000 - $50,000 annually
- Utilize exceptional design, layout and motion graphic skills to create compelling marketing and PR materials, promoting the company and current game projects.
- Work closely with Marketing/PR team and Multimedia Manager to understand creative direction and design effective visuals as it relates to the project including engaging graphics, flash ads, edited video pieces, etc.
- Partner with internal team members to obtain necessary visual elements and materials to complete the design process within designated deadlines.
- Contribute innovative and original ideas toward all aspects of the game project’s branding initiative and corporate image.
- Multitask effectively, prioritize competing demands and follow through on details and deliverables.
- Apply the overall branding, look and feel, styles and standards to all marketing/PR materials for game projects and corporate materials including websites, email, social media, PR outreach, online advertising, internal communications, etc.
- Actively participate in the feedback loop including accepting feedback from and providing feedback within the marketing team.
- Engage with the entire project team to stay current on the scope and understanding of the project.
- 3+ years of experience specializing in online animated and still image designs.
- A portfolio that demonstrates excellent design and layout techniques, both animated and still image.
- Expert knowledge of Flash, After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Excellent understanding of efficient web techniques for creating impactful high quality ads.
- Demonstrated ability to work self-directed when necessary.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines while maintaining high quality output in our fast-paced environment.
- Exemplary oral and written communication skills.
- Have a genuine enthusiasm and interest in video games.
- Willingness and aptitude to learn new techniques, software tools and best practices.
- Basic knowledge/experience in a major 3D modeling package such as Maya or 3ds Max.
- Adept at editing video compositions with Adobe Premiere.
- Experience with Web Design.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.