The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
Demiurge Studios is seeking a talented, experienced Designer to help lead our team to victory. You'll collaborate with our internal design team during all stages of development, and help us perfect the game when it's launched!
Your communication skills, organization, focus on iteration and polish are all legendary. You've led a team of designers who would love to work with you again, and you've got a portfolio of game/content design that demonstrates your elite skills. Most importantly, you love games of all sorts - and it's clear to you that the best, most rewarding game of all... is making a good game for others to enjoy.
- Collaborate with artists, engineers, producers and team management in an iterative, agile development process
- Drive gameplay and content design through all development phases, including post-launch
- Create fun, challenging content for a variety of game genres
- Task, schedule and review design team's output
- Conceive, design, and pitch original intellectual properties
- Provide both high-level game design direction and hands-on design implementation
- Demonstrate proven design practices and mentor junior designers
- Author and refine game design documentation
- 3+ years of professional video game industry experience as a lead/senior Game Designer
- 2+ Complete product cycles from concept to ship
- Strong knowledge of basic game design and design theory
- Reliable scheduling/time management skills
- Ability to learn new tools and workflows with minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational, analytical, interpersonal, and communication and writing skills
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel
- Passion for Video Games!
- Four year degree, or equivalent experience
- Must be eligible to work in United States
PREFERENCE TO APPLICANTS WITH
- At least one complete product cycle on a free-to-play mobile or PC title
- Working knowledge of 3DS Max/Maya and Photoshop
- Experience with level editors such as Unreal Editor or Unity
- Game programming or scripting experience
- Rapid prototyping experience
- Outside interests!
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.