The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions
being advertised right now.Location: Santa Monica, CA
Cloud Imperium Games is seeking a skilled Technical Designer to help in creating gameplay systems, game modes and scripted events for our ambitious space simulation, Star Citizen
- Design and develop new features for Star Citizen
- Be the ego toe person for the implementation of complex content that stretches the capabilities of existing systems, or projects that require heavy programmer/designer interaction.
- Be a role model within the department for cleanly implementing content with our design tools and scripting language.
- Develop prototypes that clearly articulate the vision of the features for which you are responsible.
- Pitch concepts, designs and full-proposals to project leads.
- Partner with cross-disciplinary teams to execute game systems.
- Use expert data analysis skills to plot how the game is being used. Draw conclusions and make recommendations for how to improve the experience.
- Identify and resolve conflicts with other disciplines in a way that best meets the design goals of the project.
- Review work at various stages of implementation to ensure the execution matches the vision, goals and quality requirements.
- Routinely collect feedback from user-testing, the development team and design management. Identify solutions to the problems expressed that won't negatively impact other systems or mechanics.
- Minimum of 2 years of game industry experience.
- Knowledge and experience with a C style programming or scripting language.
- Must have knowledge in writing script to handle gameplay systems such as basic AI behavior, cooperative mechanics, weapons, and, scripted sequences.
- Ability to collaborate well with other team members.
- Strong time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Strong communicator, both oral and written.
- A passion for playing games.
Prior experience with the CryEngine.
Knowledge and prior experience with multiple scripting languages.
MP debugging experience.
A love of science fiction.
Please send your resume or CV in PDF, HTML, text, or Word format to [email protected]
with eGameplay Programmere in the subject line if you are interested in this position.
Interested? Get started here
. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here