The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
Founded in 2014 by Cliff Bleszinski and Arjan Brussee, Boss Key Productions is a new video game development studio based in the heart of Raleigh, NC. BKP believes in an agile, no-nonsense approach to product and studio building with an emphasis on high quality product in a friendly environment while remaining as transparent as possible to the gaming community.
The ideal Multiplayer Level Designer candidate will have a strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, outstanding people skills, boundless creativity, a strong visual aesthetic and a longstanding passion for playing and understanding games.
The primary job responsibilities of the Multiplayer Level Designer are:
- To work with the Design Director and the Lead Designer to shape the multiplayer gameplay levels
- Review and provide feedback on multiplayer level design to ensure that it conforms with the design vision and the core mechanics of the game
- Ability to self-critique your work and accept constructive criticism from peers, and take that feedback and channel it into improving your work
- Be able to take charge and shepherd a particular level from conception to completion while promoting and building a strong cooperative culture with other disciplines
- Participate in the selection of team members, mentor other junior designers and lead by example
- Participate in the research and development of new tools related to level design and pipeline
- Able to work creatively in a demanding team environment
- Absolute passion for playing and making computer games, especially first person shooters
- Strong understanding of level design packages such as Unreal Engine
- You've either worked on a shipped a game, a mod for an existing game or created your own game in which you built multiplayer maps for
- Deep proficiency and skill playing first-person shooters
- Demonstration of design proficiency shown with examples of multiplayer maps completed through professional work or mod work
- Expert understanding of and experience playing highly challenging, multiplayer experiences
- Excellent ability to organize and structure his/her own work
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to adapt to situations
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
Required Application Materials
- Working link to a portfolio of level design work
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Boss Key Productions
- Your strengths as a Multiplayer Level Designer
- What games you are currently playing
** You must be a permanent resident of the United States or have a valid green card to apply for this position.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.