The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Baltimore, MA
Big Huge Games is looking for an experienced game designer to head up our upcoming worldwide release, DomiNations. Responsibilities include setting strategic vision for the game from the design perspective, maintaining game balance, creating design specs, implementing new systems and content, iterating on gameplay, managing the design team, and interfacing with the rest of the team.
We’re a close-knit group of veteran game developers located just north of Baltimore, MD, with multiple successful titles under our collective belts, including Civilization II, Rise of Nations, and FrontierVille.
DomiNations is an action strategy game set throughout all of human history, and has the makings of another smash hit from the team. The title has been in limited release in nine countries since early December, with extremely encouraging results.
- Set the strategic vision for the title from a design perspective. We’ve planned through the Industrial Age – it would be up to you to take us through the rest of human history!
- Play the game so much that you know it better than anyone.
- Work with our Lead Product Manager to maintain game balance and pacing as we add new Ages & features.
- Create detailed design specs for new gameplay features.
- Work with department leads to plan out upcoming releases.
- Provide feedback and guidance to the design team.
- Become a sponge for ideas and feedback from players, as well as from the rest of the team
- 5+ years of experience, and at least two shipped titles, with significant experience in free-to-play games.
- A background in systems design, particularly with the iterative game development process.
- In-depth understanding of the levers of live game economies, with emphasis on “combat citybuilders” like Clash of Clans, Boom Beach, and Samurai Siege.
- The ability to work in a game engine and script/code
- Track record of success working in fast-paced environments with tight deadlines
- Ability to work in both individual and team settings
- Excellent organizational, communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
Located in Baltimore, Maryland, the team at Big Huge Games is heir to a rich tradition of quality game development stretching back more than two decades.
Our goals are simple: make great games, have a great place to come to work everyday, and live up to the motto “you gotta have fun to make fun.” Potential applicants should check out DomiNations in Canada, Australia, or Finland on iOS or Android. We think this title has potential for sustained top-20+ success; if you agree, drop a line!