The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
UX Designer, E-Line Media
Location: Seattle, WA
E-Line Media / Upper 1 Games is a leading videogame developer and publisher, whose recent release, Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna), has garnered significant international critical and commercial success.
With development studios in Seattle and Tempe, E-Line is currently hiring for the following position for its Seattle studio. Please include resume, cover letter and portfolio with examples of previous work. Note: Any unsolicited concept or story pitches will not be accepted.
Position Description: UX Designer, Seattle
E-Line Media Seattle seeks a User Experience Designer for an upcoming game project to participate in crafting a polished, intuitive and seamless gameplay experience for the end user.
This position requires a skillful designer with experience taking information-rich experiences and presenting them to the player in an intuitive, accessible and empowering manner while avoiding overwhelming the user with too much non-critical information.
Work will be conducted primarily out of the E-Line Media Seattle studio space.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Oversee and execute the user experience design from concept to completion
- Create user-centered designs by considering technical constraints/opportunities, player feedback, usability findings, and market analysis
- Efficiently create process flows, wireframes, and visual design mockups as needed to effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors
- Rapidly prototype UX flow using industry standard tools
- Acquire data through user testing to help tune user experience based on feedback and testing results
- Collaborate with Design, Engineering, Production and Art to realize amazing gaming experiences
Essential Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 4 years experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect or similar role
- Experience with the Unity3D game engine or similar third-party software systems
- Ability to plan, document and manage deliverables with minimal supervision
- Passionate about psychology, perception, and cognition
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate interactive design concepts clearly, turning feedback and criticism into actionable solutions
- Experience storyboarding, prototyping, usability testing & creating visual design for PC and console games
- Experience with strategy, simulation, or RPG game genres a plus
- Demonstrable experience with solving UX challenges and creating user flows, mock-ups, and performing user testing
Interested? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.