The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Eindhoven, Netherlands
The Big Picture Stuff...
We are looking for an experienced Game Designer to join our studio in the heart of Eindhoven to work with us on our Fabulous Angela game series and any other games we will be making in the near future.
As a Game Designer you will join our small studio team, where you will have a large impact on the creation of our games, from concept to shipping. You will be part of the creative process from day one, utilizing every ounce of creativity and passion you have to build a heartwarming casual game.
The successful candidate for this role does not just like making games, but truly cares about bringing those little moments of happiness to players all around the world.
To understand our franchises a bit better, check out the following GameHouse Original Stories on iOS or Android:
- Heart's Medicine - A Time to Heal
- Fabulous - Angela's High School Reunion
- Delicious - Emily's Hopes & Fears
What You'll Be Up To
- Using your creativity and decisive attitude, you will be iterating on game design from ideation to pre-production to production.
- Getting your hands dirty with content implementation and iteration. We believe all designers should work on the game itself from concept to balancing and object placement.
- Working with developers, artists and QA to come up with new game concepts that we as a studio want to work on.
- Aligning the game with the expectations of stakeholders and consumers.
- Defining the rules, story, characters, puzzles, interactions, game mechanics and pretty much every other aspect of game content.
Why You're Awesome
- 5+ years of experience as a Game Designer with an excellent knowledge of level design and game design theory, with at least 2-3 shipped titles.
- Experience designing casual, Free-to-Play games for the mobile market, and awareness of current trends.
- You love working in a team, and strongly believe that great ideas can come from anywhere.
- An analytical mindset and approach to game design and development
- Excellent English skills. Both written and spoken.
We’d love it if you had at least a few of these…
- A passion for learning new things, and taking on new challenges
- Experience conducting and analyzing the results of end-user play tests
- You thrive in an open, flat organization
Pure bonus points if you…
- Are familiar with scripting in Lua
- Have experience building games in Unity for mobile & desktop
- Think flamingos are the coolest bird on the planet (it's a thing... you'll understand later)
What Makes Us Awesome
You mean aside from making games loved by our players all around the world? (Seriously, we have some of the best fans in all of gaming) Or our beautiful office in the center of Eindhoven with colleagues who would love to take you out for drinks? If that alone doesn't convince you, how about these great benefits?
- Competitive Salary
- Profit Sharing Program
- Pension Plan
- Travel Reimbursement
- Employee Book Buying Program
- Sports program (½ off)
On top of all of that, we've also got ping pong tables (and the occasional tournament), a ton of video game systems scattered around the office, and a fully stocked bar that we open up every Friday afternoon to wind down after a busy week.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.