The Game Developers Conference is returning to the Moscone Center in San Francisco, March 19-23, 2018, and while organizers have closed submissions for Main Conference talks they're currently accepting pitches for Summit sessions!
Specifically, officials are open to pitches for talks that would be a good fit for the Virtual Reality Developers Conference @ GDC (or just [email protected]), GDC Summits, and the Game Career Seminar through Friday, September 29th at 11:59 pm Pacific Time!
Today we want to quickly highlight the GDC Community Management Summit, a block of sessions and panels aimed at giving community management professionals room to share knowledge and hone their craft.
The one-day Community Management Summit will cover every corner of this quickly evolving, crucial facet of video game development. Summit content will focus on how to inspire, build and maintain user loyalty and enthusiasm through the ups and downs of community opinion and adoption. It will discuss how to manage your community's needs and interests to align with your company's goals. Attend the summit to learn best practices and hear industry experts share case studies and postmortems on cutting edge community management strategies.
The GDC 2018 Community Management is currently soliciting submissions on the following topics:
- How to inspire, build and maintain user loyalty and enthusiasm
- How to manage an enthusiastically negative community
- How to promote a positive in-game community experience
- Retention and requisition technique case studies
- How to get users involved in early game development and stay involved
- Social media case studies: how to leverage social media
- How to run in-game events
- Managing your community's needs and interests to align with your organizations' goals
- Case studies and innovative ideas for growing and supporting an influencer ecosystem
The Community Management Summit, all other GDC Summits, and [email protected] will be held March 19-20, 2018 at the Moscone Convention Center in San Francisco. The Game Career Seminar takes place in the same location on Friday, March 23, 2018.
So if you want to GDC 2018, submit your talk now! (For [email protected] 2018, click here.) For more details on the submission process or GDC 2018 in general visit the show's official website, or subscribe to regular updates via Facebook, Twitter, or RSS.
Gamasutra and GDC are sibling organizations under parent UBM Americas