Nintendo consoles haven’t always been the most indie-friendly platforms on the market, but the company is hard at work to make the Nintendo Switch a strong home for indie games and developers alike.
In its second major Nindies Showcase since the Switch’s announcement, Nintendo highlighted a slew of both new and familiar indie games that are headed to the Switch in the near future or early next year.
The full showcase, embedded above this post, offers a look at twenty Switch-bound indie games headed to the console, including some surprises and a few Switch exclusives like Grasshopper Manufacture's indie dev collaboration, Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes.
The full list of indies featured in the Nindies Summer Showcase can be found just below, while full descriptions of each can be found on Nintendo's website.
- Super Meat Boy Forever (Team Meat)
- Shovel Knight: King of Cards (Yacht Club)
- Mom Hid My Game (KEMCO)
- Golf Story (Sidebar Games)
- Floor Kids (MERJ)
- Wulverblade (Fully Illustrated, Darkwind Media)
- Poly Bridge (Dry Cactus)
- Kentucky Route Zero: TV Edition (Cardboard Computer, Annapurna Interactive)
- Earth Atlantis (Pixel Perfex, Headup Games)
- Next Up Hero (Digital Continue, Aspyr Media)
- SteamWorld Dig 2 (Image & Form Games)
- Mulaka (Lienzo)
- Yono and the Celestial Elephants (Neckbold Games, Plug In Digital)
- Dragon Marked For Death (IntiCreates)
- Battle Chef Brigade (Trinket Games, Adult Swim)
- Morphies Law (Cosmoscope)
- Sausage Sports Club (Luckshot Games)
- Light Fingers (Numizmatic)
- Nine Parchments (Frozenbyte)
- Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes (Suda51, Grasshopper Manufacture)