The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here are just a few of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Alpharetta, Georgia
Hi-Rez Studios is hiring an experienced Environment Artist to work at our studio in Alpharetta, Georgia. Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed SMITE, Paladins, Tribes: Ascend, and Global Agenda as we enhance and expand our online action games.
This art position requires an excellent comprehension of architecture, material use, and construction principles, as well as a master level understanding of light, color, form, and spatial relationships. The ideal candidate has a working knowledge of the game development process and proven ability to design effectively for a 3D game environment.
What our Environment Artist does:
- Develop high quality 3D assets within the defined visual style.
- Craft environment and level related meshes, collision, materials, and textures according to best practices within an Unreal development pipeline.
- Collaborate with the Art Director, Concept Artists, Level Designers, and other Environmental Artists to problem solve and create visually stunning maps that accentuate game play.
Who we are looking for:
- Portfolio demonstrating exceptional environment pieces as well as examples of development and production work.
- AAA game development experience.
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop, Max or Maya, and basic navigation of Unreal.
- Thrives upon change. Comfortable working quickly within an iterative development process.
- Comfortable receiving constructive criticism and making artistic adjustments.
- Able to work effectively within game design and tech constraints.
- Passion for games.
- Strong work ethic.
- Preferred candidate have:
- Experience with 3DS Max or Maya
- Experience with Zbrush
- Additional experience or understanding of stylized texture creation
Interested? Apply now.
Location: Rockville, Maryland
Global video game publisher/developer headquartered in Rockville, MD, seeks a Big Data Engineer. This position works within the Enterprise BI Team and is responsible for the development of the Big Data Platform for Enterprise wide reporting. The Big Data Engineer will be supporting a broad range of data pipelining needs from all facets of the business, including e-commerce, financial, and game event data.
The incumbent will have at least 2+ years of previous experience partnering with both technical and business teams to facilitate implementation across the enterprise. The Big Data Engineer will facilitate the creation of data pipeline processes to move data from enterprise data sources such as relational databases and log files.
- Work within the Enterprise BI team, supporting the creation of data pipeline processes for ingesting data at large scales
- Work directly with Data Modelers, Enterprise Architect, and Analysts, ensuring that business requirements are being met
- Directly work with the Data Engineers and Data Modelers to understand the source and target structures
- Coordinate with the analysts and report developers to ensure data can be easily digested by Business Intelligence tools
- Be able to straddle differing subject areas such as in game vs business data sources
- 2+ Years of Experience with the Hadoop ecosystem (Hive, Parquet, Avro)
- A clear understanding of both row and columnar storage databases
- Strong SQL skills – able to query data sources and generate results from complex structures
- Experience with a major programming language (Scala, Python, C, Java, etc)
- Comfortable working with structured, semi-structured, and unstructured source data
- A strong communicator, is comfortable interfacing directly with differing customers across the organization in addition to the BI team
- Working experience with the SCRUM development framework
- Apache Spark experience a major plus (Spark RDDs, Spark DataFrames, Spark SQL)
- Understanding of Amazon Web Services, especially data related components
- Experience working within the VideoGame/MMO industry is desired, though candidates from outside of the industry are also welcomed
- A personal interest in video gaming is a plus
- Understanding of the Free to Play/Micro transaction Business Model is a plus
Interested? Apply now.
Location: Richardson, Texas
id Software, part of the ZeniMax Media Inc. family of companies, is seeking a talented Senior 3D Modeler / Prop Artist to join our team in making AAA games.
Work collaboratively with art director, concept artists and environment artists to create the 3D models, objects, and set pieces that define and populate the game environments
- 5+ years of game or film industry experience as 3D artist
- Substantial examples of current and past work demonstrating a strong understanding of shape, perspective, texture, color, and lighting
- Extensive experience and proficiency with relevant 3D and 2D toolsets.
- Self-motivated, but able to take feedback and criticism and properly reflect comments in work
- Excellent team player with very strong work ethic and a collaborative/cooperative attitude
- Passion for games and gaming
- Good time management skills and efficient development processes, and the ability to apply those principles towards effectively meeting schedules and deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Desired Skills and Pluses
- Significant contributions to at least 1 AAA shipped game or film
- Familiarity with id Software games, characters, brands and universes
- Traditional art skills including sketching, illustration, painting, etc.
- University or equivalent art-related degree
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.