The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Novato, California
Who We Are:
The Core Technology group at 2K is filled with some of the brightest minds in the business, whose expertise is routinely called upon by the studios behind Civilization, Borderlands, Evolve, and others. When some of the best studios in the world ask for advice, only the best in the field can answer. We fill our team with those who can answer the call, those who thrive working on custom engines, critical shared technology, leading tools and middleware, and those who can research the tools we’ll need to use tomorrow. Core Technology is a forward-thinking group of experts who handle the challenge of supporting multiple products, platforms and studios, while at the same time anticipating the needs of tomorrow. If you’re a top-tier expert who wants to build something great, come join our team.
What We Need:
2K is looking for a high-value individual contributor who:
- Can develop new techniques for real-time rendering that enable our artists to tell stories in near motion picture quality
- Has a familiarity with the state of the art in real-time rendering algorithms used in games, implementation best practices and performance trade-offs
- Has a wealth of experience, but is still eager to expand their knowledge base
Job Responsibilities Will Include:
- Investigate, prototype, and implement solutions for high-fidelity rendering in a real-time context
- Effectively analyze and diagnose visual quality or rendering performance problems
- Extend and create solutions for lighting ,VFX and post-processing
- Work with artists to develop and implement their vision
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in rendering through conferences and publications
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
We are looking for someone with a deep and intuitive knowledge of the theoretical fundamentals of rendering. You’ll also need to have an understanding of contemporary game graphics platforms, including low-level familiarity with console platforms from the graphics API level down to CPU & GPU functionality and performance.
- 5+ years of professional game development experience focused on graphics including at least some development experience with current gen console hardware
- Performance minded development and optimization skills with results-oriented approaches and thinking
- Deep understanding of current graphics hardware and tools, with a keen focus on measurement and analysis to improve rendering performance
- Solid foundation in 3D math, algorithms, and modern computing fundamentals
- Previous experience implementing real-time global illumination solutions
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.