- How the latest trends in video games impact online businesses
- What more always-on, always-connected devices mean for game developers and publishers
- What consumers expect from cloud-based video games
- Valuable insights regarding new distribution models
- Strategies for managing security threats and risks Sign up today! Free registration is now open at https://vts.inxpo.com/scripts/Server.nxp?LASCmd=AI:4;F:APIUTILS!203&P=R&ShowKey=14691 *** Akamai (akamai.com) is a leading cloud platform that provides secure, high-performing user experiences on any device, and offers solutions utilized by game industry giants such as Nintendo, Turbine, PopCap, and Perfect World Entertainment. The game industry is changing and developers and publishers are now expected to offer constant online, social, or multiplayer connectivity, a business problem that Akamai offers solutions for.
Sponsored: Finding success with cloud-based video games
Join Gamasutra and major cloud technology company Akamai for a free webinar this week to learn about the benefits, drawbacks and challenges of a cloud-based video game world.
As online connectivity becomes a given for game devices, developers and publishers have a growing opportunity to provide audiences with richer content and more social experiences. The ubiquity of online devices -- whether smartphones, tablets, PCs or game consoles -- presents a lot of upsides to always-online business models. But constant connectivity also presents unique challenges for companies that want to leverage the power of cloud computing. Join us for a one-hour interactive chat on June 27 to learn about the benefits, opportunities and challenges of a cloud-based video game world. Gamasutra's Christian Nutt will be hosting Kris Alexander, Chief Strategist of Gaming and Connected Devices for major cloud computing company Akamai in a free webinar that will cover the most important aspects of cloud-centric business models. Participants can expect the following takeaways: