Heads up: Game Developers Conference organizers have once again donated a number of complimentary GDC 2018 passes that will be given away (via lottery) as part of a special low-income GDC pass program.
As part of GDC's ongoing efforts to attract a diverse array of the game industry's best and brightest, the complimentary Expo Plus Passes awarded via the Low Income Pass Lottery are intended for participants who would otherwise not be able to attend GDC without considerable financial assistance.
The guidelines for applying are relatively straightforward:
- One entry per person.
- You may enter for this pass each year if you have need.
- If you are awarded a pass, we will automatically register you.
- These passes are non-transferrable and have no cash value.
- If you have already purchased a pass to GDC 2018, you are not eligible to enter.
- The Lottery drawing winner will be announced via email in January before the early registration deadline to allow attendees not selected to take advantage of the discount.
Interested in participating? The deadline for applying to the lottery is January 12th.
If you're looking for an alternative way to attend GDC 2018, consider applying for one of the GDC 2018 scholarship opportunities, which provide select partner organizations with complimentary GDC passes in an effort to support the flourishing diversity in our community.
GDC 2018 will of course run March 19th through 23rd next year at the Moscone Convention Center in San Francisco. For more information about GDC 2018 visit the show's official website, and subscribe to regular updates via Facebook, Twitter, or RSS.
Gamasutra and GDC are sibling organizations under parent UBM Americas