The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Seattle, Washington
HTC is the creator of many award-winning mobile devices and industry firsts. By putting people at the center of everything it does, HTC pushes the boundaries of design and technology to create innovative and personal experiences for consumers around the globe. Co-developed with Valve and known for its high fidelity graphics and room scale sensing, Vive is HTC's VR headset that will make its debut in 2015.
HTCdev was created as a global developer outreach program designed to engage, empower and support the developer community, especially where HTC products are the focus. HTCdev engages with developers and partners to deliver the access, inspiration, education and tools that turn their brilliant application ideas into reality and enrich the user experience on HTC products, such as HTC Vive.
The Developer Evangelist role is to provide the technical knowledge, tools, and resources necessary to support HTC’s developer facing offerings to the public and partners. This individual will support HTC business objectives and act as a support resource and subject matter expert on all relevant development topics to drive the creation of innovative solutions and applications through the developer community. This individual will be a key contributor in engaging and supporting developers and partners, elevating HTC technology, and capturing developer mindshare for HTC globally.
What you get to do every day:
- Contribute as part of the HTCdev team to manage and promote unique HTC assets, SDKs, APIs, tools, and resources.
- Act as the primary VR technical contact on the team engaging with leading developers and content partners to evangelize and support HTC Vive.
- Provide code assistance and application development expertise to developers and partners and support VR integration efforts.
- Contribute to technical documentation, tutorials, and sample code to reduce integration times and maximize the overall quality of the user experience.
- Collaborate with internal HTC teams to manage and support HTCdev program components for both partners and the developer community at large, and provide feedback towards improving HW/SW quality, APIs, and user experience.
- Contribute to overall support of the HTCdev.com developer portal including creation and ongoing maintenance of tools, resources, content, and member support functions.
- Support program initiatives for developer edition devices, software, unlocking, content, and tutorials.
- Support the development of training and workshop materials for developer outreach at industry events and conferences to drive HTC product awareness and support Marketing and Sales efforts.
- Lead HTC developer events, workshops, and user groups. Be active in developer group interactions and outreach at VR conferences, events, and local meetups.
- Host internal HTC employee development training sessions and technical briefings as needed.
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree desired
- 3+ years of experience as a developer with experience in VR a plus
- C++ coding experience for 3D graphics or relevant middleware preferred
- Experience in optimizing graphics and engine performance
- Experience with Unity and Unreal preferred
- Experience with Android and/or iOS development a plus
- Up-to-date knowledge on key mobile technologies and platforms
- Understanding of developer segmentation and how to effectively engage with and support leading developers.
- Active member in developer user groups or engagement with groups driving development efforts
- Excellent documentation and presentation creation skills
- Excellent oral, written and public presentation skills
- Ability to work well within a team is a must
- Ability and willingness to travel about 30% of your time including to partner, and customer sites, as well as to events with significant developer audiences.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.