The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions
being advertised right now.Location: Irvine, CA
If you can capture and analyze large amounts of qualitative findings and turn them into insightful findings, then you could be our next user experience (UX) researcher. You will make our UX designers AOE happiness as you investigate the ewhye in order to learn more about our users. With the knowledge learned through your research,you will teach and inspire product owners and design teams. So, if you want the opportunity to further improve Blizzardas user experience (with e-commerce, account management, community/social, in-game features, and much more) we would love to hear from you.
- Help the team understand what our users are doing and why i usability, competitive analysis, interviews, surveys, analytics, and more.
- Define problems and opportunities i analysis of current behaviors and attitudes combined with product team goals.
- Create and show solutions i reports and data-driven recommendations used to evaluate designs and inspire new ideas.
- Iterate based on evalidated learninge i more testing and analysis as you work with designers and other researchers.
- Deliver and follow through i launch new ideas and post-launch analysis on metrics and user behavior.
- Serious passion for user-centered design.
- A minimum of 3 yearsa experience as a UX researcher, usability specialist, analytics, business intelligence, or similar.
- Experience researching websites, software applications,interactive spaces, games, and / or mobile applications.
- Experience using Morae, Ovostudios, or any other usability logging software.
- Examples of highly detailed studies that you can show us.
- Examples of data-driven decision-making based on your research.
- Examples of easily digestible story-based reports.
- Basic knowledge of Tableau Software, Google Analytics, Excel Power Pivot, or similar.
- Basic knowledge of video editing software.
- Can stay non-biased even when designers try to sweet-talk you.
- Can help create user-focused KPIas.
- Laid back, but can unleash the fire to get things done.
- Easily adapts and learns new things whether it is a new testing tool, a design process change, or a new game.
- Has a degree in Human Factors, HCI, Cognitive Psychology,Anthropology, Information Science, Social Science, or related discipline.
- Loves puppies (kittens, badgers, or other related juvenile animals are also okay.)
Required Application Materials
- URL or PDF of portfolio.
- Cover Letter.
**Only submittals with all three will be considered.
Interested? Get started here
. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here