- The exhibitors: Google, Sony, Microsoft, Samsung, Intel, Qualcomm, Pandora, Technical Illusions, and other major game and app industry players will be there, showing what's next for developers.
- Vendor talks: GREE, Tencent, Intel, Google, and many others will be offering sponsored sessions at the GDC Next and ADC Expo Floor theater, all accessible to anyone with any GDC Next, ADC, or Expo Pass.
- ADC Best in Apps: AppCircus and ADC have partnered to put on the Best in Apps contest, and a hand-selected group of finalists will be presenting their work on the Expo Floor.
- Retro portable gadgets: Remember the Apple Newton? The Videogame History Museum will be presenting a special exhibit called the Museum of Portable Devices, showing the Newton, early Palm products, as well as presenting arcade machines and its classic '80s 'living room' setup
- Get a job: Several major industry companies, including Sony, Insomniac, GREE, and Nexon, will be networking and recruiting for open positions.
- Grab a snack: Recharge your body's batteries with a free smoothie from 10-11am and 2-3pm, afternoon coffee from 3:30-4:15pm, and Happy Hour from 5-6pm.
3 min read
GDC Next's Expo Floor - 'handheld history', exhibitor details revealed
While you're hustling from session to session at GDC Next, don't forget to check out the Expo Floor's exhibitors, vendor talks, a tech museum exhibit, and free smoothies.
Game Developers Conference Next is just a few weeks away from happening in Los Angeles (November 5th-7th), kicking off the inaugural 'future of games' event. And while you're putting together your session schedule in the Schedule Builder, don't forget to set some time aside to stop by the Expo Floor. Highlights include: