Are you fascinated by the games industry? Do you love de-constructing game mechanics and understand what makes a game successful? Are you obsessed with learning and researching information for hours?
You will be part of our customer and market insights team and work closely with our game designers, prototypers and product managers. You conduct market intelligence about our competitors and customers. And it is actually your job to have fun and play dozens of games every week.
At GameDuell you can expect working at the pulse of the vibrant games industry, getting first-hand insights into the innovative fields of web, mobile and social games. You will enjoy the open and cooperative team culture of an international games company. GameDuell is one of the world’s leading games communities with more than 70 games and 80 million members on our website, on social networks and on mobile devices.
- Research about the games industry, game genres, game devices and platforms, monetization, retention, virality, and game economy balancing
- Play and test a lot of games from all over the world, write game reviews and identify interesting game mechanics and innovative trends
- Make quantitative benchmark reports from a variety of sources (e.g. internal data, analytics providers like App Annie and AppData, game blogs, competitor sites), create Excel templates and best-practices for future research
- Organize and moderate small research groups and think tanks within GameDuell
What we expect
- Currently enrolled or have completed a Bachelors or Masters program (educational or practical experience in business or economics is a plus)
- Knowledge of the casual games industry especially free-to-play, Facebook and mobile games
- Ability to identify trends through observation and logic, strong problem solving and analytical skills, very good knowledge of Excel – working with spreadsheets, analyzing and visualizing information
- Strong organizational and communication skills; proficiency in English
- Independent working style; self-starter
- Ability to think from a user’s perspective in order to identify a fun, engaging and outstanding user experience
- Ideally experience with game design
What we offer
- The possibility to make a direct impact: your research will shape the next games we develop - games that millions of people will play all over the world
- A deep insight into a fast-growing, success-proven and profitable company in one of the hottest and most exciting industries
- A fun and international team of more than 200 game enthusiasts from 25 countries. A great and friendly company culture, free of typical status and ego demeanor
- Flexible work hours and the opportunity to work independently with interesting possibilities for your personal and career growth
- One of Berlin’s best working environments! An attractive loft style office in Berlin Mitte, including a pool table and a well equipped kitchen with free food and beverages
- Opening: starting immediately
We look forward to your complete and detailed application. Please e-mail your application to Sophie Tröger ([email protected]), and be sure to include "Games Market Researcher" in the subject line. Please note that only digital applications will be considered.