[Gamasutra rounds up the latest news in the world of App Store gaming, featuring standout releases like Max Payne, Burnout Crash, Epic Astro Story, and Crow.]
- Rockstar Releases iOS Port Of Landmark Third-Person Shooter Max Payne
's unique slow motion gunplay arrives in the App Store this week boasting a redesigned control scheme and textures optimized for Retina displays.
- Kairosoft's Latest: Epic Astro Story For iOS
"Along with the expected simulation-styled gameplay carried over from Kairosoft's previous mobile releases, Epic Astro Story
introduces strategy-focused combat mechanics, should the lifeforms you encounter prove to be less than friendly."
- EA's Burnout Crash! Arrives In App Store
Previously released for Xbox Live Arcade and the PlayStation Network, EA's overhead-view, destruction-based Burnout
spinoff hits iOS with 54 events across multiple gameplay modes.
- Freeware Roguelike Zaga-33 Updated, Released For iOS
"Developer Michael Brough (Vertex Dispenser, Glitch Tank)
has released an updated version of his seven-day roguelike Zaga-33
for iOS, adding new music and new enemy types."
- Avian Action-Adventure Title Crow Premieres For iPhone And iPad
is a story-driven action-adventure for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. Combining unique exploration, combat, and game mechanics, Crow
takes the player on an exciting journey to faraway lands where an ancient battle is unfolding."
- iOS Super Crate Box Adds New Characters, Limited Edition Golden Crates
"Vlambeer has updated the iOS version of its arcade-styled shooter and crate hoarding sim Super Crate Box
with new playable characters from fellow indie games Starguard
, along with a new type of crate that will eventually unlock the next update."