informa
/
News

Analyst: Two years in, Pokemon Go crosses $1.8B lifetime revenue

The mobile analytics firm Sensor Tower reports that Pokemon Go has surpassed $1.8 billion lifetime revenue worldwide, over half of which came from the United States and Japan.

Now that Pokemon Go has been out in the wild for two years, the mobile analytics firm Sensor Tower has taken a closer look at the AR game's lifetime revenue, finding that it has eclipsed $1.8 billion player spend in those 24 months.

Based on the firm's estimates, Pokemon Go’s revenue works out to an average of over $2 million earned a day, with the United States and Japan leading the pack in terms of player spending.

To date, players in the United States have spent $607 million on the free-to-play game, followed by players in Japan with $500 million spent. Breaking it down by mobile platform, Sensor Tower notes that 58 percent of that $1.8 billion came from Android platforms while the remaining 42 percent came from iOS devices.

The full report detailing Pokemon Go’s current standing can be found on Sensor Tower’s website.

Latest Jobs

Sucker Punch Productions

Bellevue, Washington
08.27.21
Combat Designer

Xbox Graphics

Redmond, Washington
08.27.21
Senior Software Engineer: GPU Compilers

Insomniac Games

Burbank, California
08.27.21
Systems Designer

Deep Silver Volition

Champaign, Illinois
08.27.21
Senior Environment Artist
More Jobs   

CONNECT WITH US

Register for a
Subscribe to
Follow us

Game Developer Account

Game Developer Newsletter

@gamedevdotcom

Register for a

Game Developer Account

Gain full access to resources (events, white paper, webinars, reports, etc)
Single sign-on to all Informa products

Register
Subscribe to

Game Developer Newsletter

Get daily Game Developer top stories every morning straight into your inbox

Subscribe
Follow us

@gamedevdotcom

Follow us @gamedevdotcom to stay up-to-date with the latest news & insider information about events & more