The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions
being advertised right now.Location: Los Angeles, CA
The Odd Gentlemen are looking for a Sound Designer to join our team in Los Angeles. We are looking for an applicant with experience in creating and implementing sounds for video games and an ear for details that bring digital worlds to life. You will work closely with a small team who are passionate about creating fantastical games.
The Odd Gentlemen is an independent video game studio founded in the fall of 2008. The studio’s debut title was the critically acclaimed, multi-award winning The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom
, released for Xbox Live and PC. They are now working on King’s Quest
- Creating all the sound effects and sound design that will bring the game to life.
- Responsible for implementing and mixing game sequences from concept to submission.
- Integrate clips into the engine at their appropriate cues.
- Working with others to find creative ways to reach design goals and milestone targets.
- Manage necessary audio assets (sound files, scripts, tracks, etc.) associated with a product using the necessary software.
- Test, debug, and assure the functional quality of all audio in a given product.
- 2-3 minimum shipped games as a sound designer.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or equivalent experience.
- A 3-5 minute reel demonstrating advanced linear and procedural sound design skills with an explanation of contributions.
- Understanding of audio production, editing and mastering.
- Mastery with modern DAW’s and audio production software.
- A passion and understanding for cinematic and game sound design.
- Communication and interpersonal skills, along with a desire to work with a team.
- Organized and self-motivated.
- Experience with delivering projects under tight deadlines.
This is NOT a Composer position. To be considered for this position, candidates must provide a web address for their work samples. Please send a minimum of two examples of game audio that you have created.
Interested? Apply now
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here
. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here