Guerrilla Games was one of the big winners at last night's Develop Awards in Brighton, taking home the Studio of the Year and Animation Awards for its work on Horizon Zero Dawn.
Total War developer Creative Assembly was another notable winner, picking up the prizes for Music Design and In-House Studio.
Keeping the focus firmly on game devs, Yooka-Laylee creator Playtonic Games nabbed the New Studio gong, while Brenda and John Romero were honoured with a special Development Legends award.
Leamington-based Forza Horizon developer Playground Games also had plenty of reason to celebrate after scooping up the Independent Studio award.
A select list of winners is below, but you can find a full rundown over on Develop.
- Publishing Hero -- Curve Digital
- Independent Studio -- Playground Games
- In-House Studio -- Creative Assembly
- New Studio -- Playtonic Games
- New Games IP -- Overcooked (Ghost Town Games)
- Animation -- Horizon Zero Dawn (Guerrilla Games)
- Visual Design -- Batman Arkham VR (Rocksteady Games)
- Music Design -- Total War Warhammer (Creative Assembly)
- Sound Design -- Batman Arkham VR (Rocksteady Games)
- Best Writing -- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine (CD Project Red)
- Design & Creativity Tool -- YoYo Games
- Engine -- Unreal Engine (Epic Games)
- Development Legends -- Brenda Romero and John Romero