The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Novato, California
Who We Are:
A pioneer in the video game industry across multiple generations and the creator of top-rated video game franchises like the NBA 2K series. Visual Concepts is widely regarded as one of the world's top studios. As a subsidiary of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (TTWO), Visual Concepts continues to innovate in gameplay, creativity and technology. We are located in Marin County, California, with additional studios in Shanghai, China and Seoul, South Korea. Visual Concepts promotes a culture of excellence and a passion for producing amazing titles year after year. We offer top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We Need:
The art team at Visual Concepts is seeking a self-motivated and experienced artist that’s ready to join the NBA 2K Environment art team. As an Environment Artist, you’ll be asked to help with a variety of tasks involved in the creation of art assets such as modeling, texturing and lighting.
Job Responsibilities Will Include:
- Create, define and develop high-quality environments and other art related aspects of the game, as directed by management
- Ensure that textures are consistent with defined visual style for the game
- Utilize tools to ensure texture assets are fully optimized for target platforms while minimizing any impact on artistic integrity of assets
- Follow the schedule and pipeline as established by the Lead Artist
- Deliver quality work as scheduled in accordance with the production design, product requirements and producer direction
- Proactively seek feedback from the Art Director to ensure accuracy and quality standards are met
- Collaborate with other artists and other dependent departments, throughout the production process
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
We’re looking for someone who’s interested in taking initiative and is passionate about making high quality games. We’re constantly challenging ourselves to push the boundaries and looking for someone who is up for that challenge as well! Willingness to take on a variety of environment related tasks depending on the current needs is important.
- 3+ years of experience in 2D and 3D art production (in either games or films)
- Demonstrated ability to work with a high degree of self-direction
- Have shipped 3+ successful products
- High end environment asset creation preferred
- Experience working with physically based shaders preferred
- Strong art skills with expert knowledge of Maya, Photoshop and/or other technologies utilized in the production of game art
- Strong graphic design/layout skills
- Strong eye for photorealistic environments and texture creation
- Knowledge of architecture and architectural design, environment lighting, dense mesh modeling, and normal map creation
- Strong communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to learn new software tools and technologies
- Ability to work in a team setting, under deadlines and time constraints
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems
- Adaptable to changing deadlines and priorities
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.