The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Austin, TX
Seeking a highly motivated and talented environment artist who can turn 2D concepts into fully finished 3D models and environments for games. The ideal candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, a team-oriented/collaborative approach to development and is interested in doing what it takes to make the best games possible.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with art leads, designers and concept artists to create game environments and props from blockout to “in game assets”.
- Implement impressive lighting scenarios that push current technologies.
- Manage outsourced environment assets.
- Identify environment layout risks and issues on a project and be able to determine and execute creative solutions.
- Work closely with Art Directors and Leads to ensure the highest quality assets are delivered.
Skillset & Requirements
- Outstanding proficiency and experience building and texturing AAA environments using Maya, ZBrush/Mudbox and Photoshop.
- Excellent time management skills (assigned tasks and estimates) and the ability to handle large workloads efficiently.
- Pro-active about making things happen and working with contractors.
- Minimum of 4-6 years experience in the industry.
- Experience creating custom shaders for environments.
- Experience with current generation game engines like Unreal, Radiant or Unity.
- Desire and ability to put in the time and effort necessary to make a game great.
- Experience “grey boxing” environments.
- Experience with current generation lighting and shading engines.
- Experience rigging and skinning environment assets for animators
- Traditional and Digital Illustration/Concepting skills.
- Having multiple AAA shipped title experience, especially full cycle experience (GDD to Shelf).
- Passion for all types of games, especially on consoles.
If you feel you have the passion, dedication and skills that match our unique company, apply to join our team!
Twisted Pixel Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Note to Third-Party Recruiters / Recruitment Agencies / Executive Search Firms: Twisted Pixel Games does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters or recruiting agencies. Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employees of Twisted Pixel Games. Twisted Pixel is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.