The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Needham, MA
Turbine seeks an Animator to help bring the Arkham Villains to life for our new mobile game Batman: Arkham Underworld. The Animator collaborates closely with the Art Director, Character Artist, and FX Artist to create beautiful, expressive character animations in a timely and dependable manner. Their job will be to animate characters, import them into Unity, and make them work in game.
Turbine, Inc. is a premier creator and operator of massive, persistent online worlds that foster powerful social gaming communities. Turbine is wholly owned by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group and has created some of the world’s most popular and award-winning online games, including The Lord of the Rings Online, Dungeons & Dragons Online, Asheron's Call, and our upcoming Batman: Arkham Underworld and Game of Thrones mobile titles.
- Create expressive animations that communicate weight/character on a mobile device
- Work closely with an Art Lead, Character Artist, FX Artist, and designers to achieve the right expression for each animation
- Integrate and iterate in Unity to ensure your work looks excellent in its final context
- Suggest processes and/or tech to improve the quality of the production pipeline
- Work well with other departments including design, and the ability to respond well to change
- Collaborate with the Art Director to cost and schedule tasks
- 3+ years of relevant game production experience
- Experience developing in Unity is required
- Extensive working knowledge of Maya’s animation tools
- An excellent command of posture, expression, and timing
- The ability and desire to push an animation’s timing to achieve precision results
- Ability to achieve beautiful and realistic results within a Mobile device’s technical limitations
- Ability to perform well under pressure and deliver work in a timely manner
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong belief in a Team-based approach
- Ability to learn new skills and work within a complex asset creation pipeline
- Experience developing games for Mobile devices
- Experience developing assets for isometric games
- Fluency with Excel and Hansoft
- Experience with Agile and SCRUM
**Applications must be accompanied by web link to work or portfolio/demo reel – digital media preferred**
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.