The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Hawthorne, CA
Tesla’s goal is to accelerate the world’s transition to electric mobility with a full range of increasingly affordable electric cars. California-based Tesla designs and manufactures EVs, as well as EV powertrain components for partners such as Toyota and Daimler. Model S is the world’s first premium sedan to be engineered from the ground up as an electric vehicle. Model S was named Motor Trend’s prestigious 2013 Car of the Year, achieved the best safety score of any car ever tested by the NHTSA, and Consumer Reports is calling it the best car it has ever tested.
Tesla Motors is committed to hiring and developing top talent from across the world for any given discipline. Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional automotive product development philosophy of high inter-disciplinary collaboration, flat organizational structure, and technical contribution at all levels. You will be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. These jobs are not for everyone, you must have a genuine passion for producing the best vehicles in the world. Without passion, you will find what we're trying to do too difficult.
The 3D Visualization Specialist is responsible for the creation of real-time computer generated imagery. Primary tasks will involve maintaining vehicle master files for use in real-time review sessions, but will also be called upon for other visualization tasks based on the skillset. This position also involves R&D in the virtual reality field.
The ability to interact well and fit into a small, highly motivated, multi-functional team that is working in a rapid, simultaneous engineering environment is essential. The role offers the rare opportunity to take ownership in the development of new and genuinely cutting edge vehicles, so enthusiasm and knowledge of cars is advantageous. You must have a genuine passion for engineering the best electric vehicles in the world.
You must want to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial company. We are building real products -- not presentations. This must excite you. You’ll work alongside accomplished, world-renowned designers on perhaps the most exciting automotive programs in existence today.
The successful candidate must have the ability to meet tight deadlines, have strong interpersonal and communication skills, be detail oriented, and have the ability to work independently. He/she must establish and maintain a professional working relationship with external and internal teams at all levels across the company. Typical job duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Preparing real-time design presentations for executive review.
- Optimizing models for real-time performance.
- Maintaining vehicle master files.
- Shading / Lighting / Texturing.
- Researching and developing pipeline solutions and techniques.
- Interfacing with design, engineering, web, stores and manufacturing to provide visualization solutions.
- Creating environments.
- Working with VR / AR equipment.
- Supporting legacy projects.
- Bachelor degree in film, tv, digital media, design or similar.
- Two years minimum experience in real time visualization / games.
- Must be proficient in Unreal 4. Knowledge in Blueprints.
- Experience with Maya, VRED ideal.
- Scripting and automotive experience a plus.
- Familiar with HMDs, VR solutions, etc.
- Receptive to learning new tools and exchanging knowledge.
- Accustomed to going above and beyond.
- Excellent communicator, team player, resourceful, organized and mindful of time management.