The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Bellevue, Washington
"I can do that!"
Is that what you said to yourself the first time you ever laid eyes on a realistic CG character? Do you obsess over getting all the anatomy, clothing, and facial details of a character just right? Do you do this because you, like us, believe that’s how you bring the soul of a character to life?
If so, Sucker Punch says, “You CAN do that…for US!”
We are looking for a character artist to join our talented team and help us step up our game!
- Work with the latest and greatest scanning and material acquisition technology to create highly-efficient, realistic characters for the Playstation 4.
- Work with our Concept Team to ensure our character designs feel believable and fit in the world we are creating.
- Work with our Character Tech Art and Game Design teams to integrate content into our proprietary engine.
- Ensure that the high-quality bar established by the Art Director is achieved.
- Help us maintain solid organization skills with adherence to file structures, naming conventions, and other established protocols.
- Portfolio/website demonstrating your art skills, design sensibilities, and attention to detail.
- Experience using Maya, Zbrush, Mudbox, and Photoshop.
- Strong human sculpting skills and understanding of human and animal anatomy with an ability to create highly realistic characters.
- Strong understanding of current Physically based rendering technology.
- Solid understanding of real-time pipelines and ability to adapt rapidly to changing technology.
- Must be able to work well within a team, accept direction, and embrace change.
- Ability to collaborate productively with other disciplines.
- Position is currently open to those willing to relocate to Bellevue, WA
- Passion for making and playing great games, with an awareness of current titles and industry trends.
- Scan Data and FACs Library Acquisition/Clean Up experience.
- Experience with pattern making and or Marvelous Designer
- Experience with Substance
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.