The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Bend, OR
Sony Bend Studio, the creator of Syphon Filter and Uncharted: Golden Abyss, is looking for top talent to join our in passionate team in creating a new AAA PlayStation 4 exclusive.
- Creating UI Designs and Concepts that drive the artistic goals and design vision through all phases of the game development cycle. This entails creating concepts for UI assets that are of the highest artistic quality, uphold the integrity of the games design and artistic vision of the game as a whole.
- Responsible for the art, design, and implementation of following user interface components: Front end menus and screens, In game HUD (heads up display) elements, Various graphic images for mapping and compositing and other design elements used in game and during cinematics, etc.
- Working directly with designers to solve layout and usability issues.
- Working directly with engineering to solve interface technical and implementation issues, while adhering to their technical guidelines.
- Collaborating with the Art and Creative Directors to develop a visual style and language that enhances the gameplay and user experience.
- May need to assist with other art assets as needed, like 2D textures, marketing materials, etc.
- Independently undertaking research and information gathering prior to the commencement of a new task to ensure game design needs, reference materials, artistic direction, and technological. Considerations are effectively managed to meet defined goals.
- Actively advancing skill set and abilities, keeping aware of industry trends and techniques, evaluating competitive products and learning new software packages and traditional art.
- At least 7 years of game art production, TV, or film related experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- At least 10 years preferred of game art production with credit on several shipped AAA titles
- Advanced working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and Unreal or other similar game engines
- Demonstrated interface animation skills using Flash, After Effects, Max, or Maya
- Demonstrated familiarity with interface styles and designs in current generation console games, DVD interfaces, and websites
- Solid understanding of UI scripting and state machines
- Some modeling and texturing skills using 3ds Max, or Maya is a plus
- Excellent data management skills, with the ability to manage and track large amounts of data as they go through the UI pipeline, with attention to naming conventions, directory structures, and other processes
- Portfolio demonstrating hands-on graphic and visual design work from shipped AAA console games, websites or other interactive software
Interested? Get started here.
Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.