The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Foster City, California
As a World and Environment Artist, you will work directly with the game directors and discipline leads to help define breathtaking AAA scenery.
- Creates and stages worlds and scenery to set the tone, vision, and storytelling
- Constructs 3d environments to include modeling, mapping, materials, lighting, effects, atmospherics, collision, and tagging
- Develops, experiments, and advances the environments by innovating new techniques
- Manages all the assets and data associated with the environments
- Thoroughly understands the art pipeline and integrates assets into the game
- Thoroughly understands the hardware limitations and common techniques
- Works directly with other artists, designers, and engineers to complete environments
- 2+ years of industry experience working on different platforms
- Working knowledge of Photoshop, Maya, and/or other 3D software
- Strong sense for architecture and natural scenery including form, color, and composition
- Ability to manage and maintain entire world assets
- Architectural background and/or related field a big plus!
- Working knowledge of Unreal & Unity a big plus!
- Ability to multi-task and adapt easily to change
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact effectively
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.