The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Chatsworth, CA
You’ve been doodling creatures since you were a kid – from innocent to frightening and everything in between. You have a solid understanding of animal anatomy. When it comes to form and function, you know how to design a creature’s structure based on descriptions of behavior and this comes across in your designs of predator and prey.
Your designs can be fun or scary, beautiful or off-putting, as well as cool, memorable, and evocative. If you are passionate and talented when it comes to creature concept art, we might have just the role for you. This position is for our team that is working on a new 3rd person action adventure game.
- Ceate strong designs of fictional but believable creatures.
- Create concept artwork that may include everything from thumbnails to orthos to polished illustrations. Work with art leads to ensure that artwork fits within the look and feel of the world.
- Collaborate with other depts such as 3D art, VFX, animation, and game design to make sure concepts fit within vision for gameplay and final execution.
- May be tasked with creating concept artwork beyond creatures, including characters/costume, props, marketing artwork, and environmental assets as needed.
- Adhere to schedule and meet deadlines.
- Strong understanding of proportion, scale, perspective, lighting, and color.
- Strong grasp of animal anatomy – skeletal and muscular structure, etc.
- Strong design and illustration skills.
- Basic understanding of 3D, experience creating designs to be translated into 3D.
- Expert in Photoshop, Painter, or related software.
- Concept art skills beyond creatures a major plus.
- Strong traditional and/or 3D art skills a plus.
To consider you for this role we’ll need to see a portfolio with relevant concept art pieces.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.