The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Chatsworth, CA
You love designing everything hard surface – cars, guns, props, etc. You have in-depth knowledge and a passion for how mechanical things work and care deeply about functionality in your designs. You are talented concept artist with a flair for creating unique and believable vehicles and weapons. You have a knack for silhouette as well as details.
Is this you? If so, you might be a great fit for the Vehicle and Weapons Concept Artist role we are looking to fill. Read on to learn more!
- Create believable and inspiring concept art for various hard surface assets such as vehicles and weapons.
- Create solid artwork that may include everything from thumbnails to orthographic designs to polished illustrations. Work with art leads to ensure that designs fit within the look and feel of the world.
- Collaborate with other depts such as 3D art, VFX, animation, and game design to make sure concepts fit within vision for gameplay and final execution.
- May be tasked with creating concept artwork beyond the boundaries of hard surface, including characters/costume, props, marketing artwork, and environmental assets as needed.
- Adhere to schedule and meet deadlines.
- Strong vehicle and weapon design and illustration skills.
- Strong understanding of proportion, scale, perspective, lighting, and color.
- Strong grasp of real world vehicle and weapon functionality and design.
- Basic understanding of 3D, experience creating designs to be translated into 3D.
- Expert in Photoshop, Painter, or related software.
- Concept art skills beyond vehicles and weapons a major plus.
- Strong traditional and/or 3D art skills a plus.
To consider you for this role we’ll need to see a portfolio with relevant concept art pieces.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.