The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: San Diego, CA
Psyonix, an independent videogame developer located in downtown San Diego, is looking for a highly skilled User Interface Artist that can help us create elegant, immersive, and intuitive interfaces that can complement new and existing IPs. With a focus on preparing highly detailed and polished interface mockups for implementation in the game, your work will directly influence, shape, and enhance the user experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Concept and design UI across a variety of projects, platforms and styles
- Work with UI/UX Lead, Designers and Programmers to create high quality user experiences
- Work with the marketing artist to ensure a consistent brand that can also extend beyond the in-game UI to promotional materials
- Explore a variety of UI styles to find what works best for the projects; continue to raise the bar on the visual quality of the user interface
- Come up with practical solutions to graphical and layout issues; design dynamic and responsive UI that can scale and reflow to suit a variety of resolutions and localized content
- Export and deliver art assets to programmers for implementation; work with the programmers to ensure assets are reconstructed in-game to match the mockup and vision
- Highly skilled in graphic design and typography with a background in user interface, illustration and/or concept art
- Exceptionally skilled with Photoshop and Illustrator
- Has an attention to detail and can generate clear and concise mockups that anyone can understand
- Has an eye for motion graphics and can concept dynamic UI transitions and animated widgets
- Is a self starter that can design UI appropriate to the style and gameplay of various projects
- Has a solid understanding of interface conventions and knowledge of current tools and trends in UI development
- Has shipped UI for projects across a variety of platforms (PC, console, mobile, etc.)
- Works well in a team environment with both programmers and artists
- Can listen to feedback and collaborate with others to come up with creative solutions to challenging designs
- Additional Preferred Software
- After Effects (or similar motion graphics software)
- Unreal Engine
Interested? Apply now!
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.