The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Nix Hydra Games is seeking an Art Director to join our team. The qualifying person will be a key member on our project teams! This is the perfect opportunity for someone who loves working on small teams and having a voice that’s heard in a productive and collaborative work environment.
If you are a genuine person who shies away from corporate fluff, politics and big talking, you will be happy here with us. Perks include 3 day weekends.
We expect everyone on the team to be competent, dedicated, proactive and take great pride in their craft. The proper candidate must also be passionate for or enjoy making games of any genre for a heavily female oriented target audience.
Please note that we are very unlikely to sponsor visas.
• Ability to offer art direction to multiple disciplines
• Concept design for game assets, models and other marketing materials.
• Work with Creative Director to determine the overall look and feel of game and app design.
• Work directly with the Project Manager and Studio Director to ensure timelines and milestones are being met.
• Manage and mentor associate level artists to reach their career goals, along with providing constructive feedback.
• Track visual and artistic trends as it relates to the gaming industry in general.
• A minimum of 6-10 years experience developing awesome game art and collateral materials
• At least 4 years experience as a lead artist.
• Experience in both 2D and 3D development environments
• Strong knowledge of UI and UX design.
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, 3ds Max, Maya and/or ZBrush
• Working technical knowledge, strong eye for detail and excellent problem-solving abilities.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.