The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions
being advertised right now.Location: Redmond, WA
Nintendo Software Technology Corporation, based in Redmond, Washington, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nintendo Co., Ltd., headquartered in Kyoto, Japan.
Nintendo Software Technology's mission is to design, develop and deliver the very best video games. We conduct research, use state-of-the-art equipment and review methods of operation so that we may continually improve the quality of the games that we produce. Each person employed at Nintendo Software Technology Corporation is a valued team member and is encouraged to participate in our efforts to create the highest quality games. The company is currently seeking to hire a Visual Development Artist to work in Redmond, Washington.
Description of Duties
- Create asset sheets that are accurate, visually interesting, functional, stylistically accurate for game characters, environments, and props.
- Produces leading-edge art ranging from rough thumbnails and storyboards to print quality color images.
- Work closely with the Art Director and Lead Artist to set color themes and maintain aesthetic continuity across the levels.
- Pose 3D characters using 3D software.
- Provides artistic and technical mentorship to less experienced team members.
- Works on projects that span several products.
- Works with peers and management to recommend solutions that may affect multiple projects.
- Takes unfinished ideas and fleshes them out.
- Makes artistic presentations as needed.
Summary of Requirements
- 6 or more years of traditional and/or digital art experience with a minimum of 3 years in visual development.
- Excellent drawing and painting skills.
- Able to achieve a wide range of art styles centered relevant to Nintendo.
- Strong knowledge of human and animal anatomy.
- Strong knowledge of visualization development techniques.
- Able to achieve many different surface treatments using 2D technique.
- Fluent with either Photoshop or Painter.
- Familiarity with 3D modeling and character posing.
- Excellent technical drawing skills with a strong grasp of perspective.
- Undergraduate degree in art or related field; or equivalent education and experience.
- Must have a valid passport.
Interested? Apply now
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here
. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here