The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Chicago, IL
Netherrealm Studios, a division of WB Games Inc., seeks a skilled Technical World Artist who will drive the creation of in-game assets, events and destruction. This person will work closely with Senior World Artists, Lead Environment Artist and the Kore Engineering Team to improve existing pipelines and implement innovative solutions with complex technical requirements. This person will be well versed in the game engine and content creation tools.
- Utilize Unreal Kismet/Blueprint and Cinema Tools to implement NPC crowds, stage elements, and scripted events that breathe life into game environments.
- Apply a broad range of skills with Autodesk products, PBR materials, animation, and destruction to assist in creation of dynamic level elements.
- Prepare and construct rigs/weighting for NPC’s and other environmental dynamic objects.
- Problem solve and determine out-of-the-box solutions for complex technical requirements.
- To ensure that the high-quality bar established in the art direction is maintained and the levels run at defined frame-rates.
- BA in art or related field or equivalent experience.
- At least 1 year of experience in the industry or sufficient demonstration of skillset.
- At least 1 published AAA game or sufficient demonstration of skillset.
- Experience with the Unreal Engine or Unity Engine.
- Strong understanding of Python and Mel script is a plus.
- Knowledge of Maya with a core understanding of the inner workings of the tool.
- Good understanding of scripting inside the Unreal engine with Kismet and or Blueprint.
- Understanding of Physically Based Rendering (PBR) art pipelines for XboxOne, PS4, and PC.
- Solid understanding of shaders and material expressions.
- Experience dealing with rigs and weighting.
- Understanding of animation pipelines, including character and environment setups.
- Knowledge of profiling tools to determine performance issues.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Solid organization skills with adherence to file structures, naming conventions and other established protocols.
- Excellent ability to self-manage and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work well within a team. Willingness to provide and accept direction, and the ability to embrace change. Ability to collaborate productively with others.
- Must be able to buy into the established art vision of the game and ensure this is delivered in its entirety at the end of the project.
- Must have an active, passionate interest in current video games to help drive the game to the next level.
- Portfolio/website demonstrating technical artistic ability that includes Unreal based work.
The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Interested? Apply now.