The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Kirkland, Washington
The Lead Character Artist is responsible for leading a team of character artists in the creation and implementation of the highest quality characters and creatures.
This person will work directly with the Director of Art, Director of Technical Art, Design Leadership, and Animation Lead to help create and define the character style, define best practices, and maintain the highest artistic standards and proper technical requirements for AAA industry leading products.
The Lead Character Artist is responsible for creating exceptional character/creature art while providing clear direction, feedback and mentorship to the character team, ensuring that production goals are met.
- Create highly-original, highly realistic next-gen characters and creatures
- Help design, construct, document, and enforce pipeline procedures to deliver competitive, cutting edge assets.
- Coordinate and update production assignments for the character team.
- Motivate, mentor and inspire animation team, guiding them through various stages of production with clear direction.
- Assist TAD and Graphic Engineers in R&D efforts for tools enhancements and prototyping of new technology to increase efficiency and quality level of studio character art
- Ensure that the high-quality bar established by the Art Director is achieved.
- Accountable for character art team deliverables, ensuring that they meet the defined objectives, and scheduled requirements.
- BA in art or related field or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of progressively complex related experience in the industry.
- At least 3 published games including one Xbox One or PS4 title.
- At least 5+ years of Zbrush and/or other sculpting digital tools.
- At least 8+ years experience with Photoshop and/or Painter.
- At least 8+ years experience with industry standard 3-D package (3D Studio Max and Maya).
- Industry leading character and creature sculpting skills with an ability to create highly realistic AAA quality content.
- Industry leading understanding of human and animal anatomy.
- Strong understanding of the history of costume design with an ability to execute a variety of designs from varied time periods.
- Strong understanding of color theory with an ability to balance content within a range of lighting scenarios.
- Strong understanding of internal and external silhouette and its impact on perception of content.
- Strong understanding of current gen shader technology with an ability to create a wide range of highly realistic materials.
- Solid experience and understanding of art pipelines on Xbox One and/or PS4, and an interest in finding ways to evolve and improve the character art creation pipeline.
- Ability to adapt rapidly to new or changing technology.
- Solid organization skills with adherence to file structures, naming conventions and other established protocols.
- Diligence with individual and team tasks, schedule and adherence to budget limitations.
- Effective management and motivation of team members.
- Must be able to work well within a team. Willingness to provide and accept direction, and the ability to embrace change. Ability to collaborate productively with others.
- Must be able to buy into the established art vision of the game and ensure it is delivered in its entirety at the end of the project.
- Passion for making and playing great games, with an awareness of current titles and industry trends.
- Portfolio/website demonstrating your art skills, design sensibilities, and attention to detail.
The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.