The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Novato, California
Who We Are:
Let's talk some truth: Making games is hard. It's a collision of art and technology that’s about as predictable as a tornado. There's no secret formula, no foolproof blueprint—but it certainly helps to have a reason for making games in the first place. "Every Player's Story is Unique." At Hangar 13, that's why we make games. We’re currently creating an intense action game set in an immersive world and with a strong narrative, but player agency is at the heart of everything we do. We want to give players the freedom to choose how to overcome challenges and make meaningful decisions that shape the world and characters around them.
Hangar 13 is the newest 2K development studio. We’re focused on creating AAA games for console and PC. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. We are located just thirty minutes north of San Francisco, and we recently released our first title, Mafia III. We’re currently building our own proprietary engine and tools in service of our next AAA title, still unannounced.
What We Need:
Hangar 13 is seeking a Senior Animator for our upcoming project teams. You will work closely with the animation lead and the lead game designer to create visually compelling narrative animation within our game. We expect you to have a passion for games as well as demonstrate a clear knowledge of the principles of animation in your work. As an animator with Hanger 13, you would be responsible for animating characters using a combination of keyframes and motion capture. You will work with our Lead Animator to figure out how best tell the story of our characters and our world both in and out of gameplay.
Job Responsibilities Will Include:
- Create high-quality scripted animation that matches the visual style of the game
- Mentor other animators contributing to narrative animation
- Set a high bar for the animation team for quality and pace
- Implement animation in game in our proprietary animation system and scripts
- Plan, animate, and implement in-game story moments and scenes
- Organize complicated sets of animation data
- Direct motion-capture sessions
- Manage animation outsourcing
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- Experienced character animator
- 3+ years game experience in animation using Motionbuilder and / or Maya
- Strong communication skills and a positive attitude
- The ability to problem-solve and prioritize issues
- Ability to collaborate with peer-level Game Designers
- Ability to collaborate with team in another country
- Experience with motion-captured animation data
- Ability to take direction well
- Able to respond elegantly to difficult creative changes, often late in the process
- Self-Motivated towards solving creative problems
- Must have current U.S. work authorization
- Animation implementation knowledge
- Fluency with Motionbuilder and Maya
- Animation outsourcing experience preferred
- 3+ years game industry experience
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.