The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Plano, Texas
Gearbox Software is on the lookout for an industry leading Art Director to work on an exciting unannounced project, where we’ll continue to pioneer and explore new aesthetic opportunities! If you want to grow and lead a team of talented artists in continuing to redefine visuals in the game industry then you should apply!
- Establish game vision working alongside the Creative Director and other project leads, collaborating in all aspects of the creative process
- Maintain high aesthetic standards while crafting flow, visual storytelling, and progression
- Provide concepts, style guides, paint overs, and supporting documentation as required for clear high level visual direction & vision
- Motivate, mentor, supervise and support our team of artists with clear and consistent direction
- Assist in maintaining milestone and general art schedules with art production team
- Responsible for quality of all milestone & deliverables as they relate to the art department
- Demonstrate a high level of creativity and originality while being comfortable in adapting to a wide range of styles
- Able to balance being holder of the vision while supporting consensus from a talented team of artists and game makers
- Come equipped with an understanding of bleeding edge art techniques
- Excellent communicator and team player -- here at Gearbox we thrive on collaboration and working together to meet our project artistic goals
- Be able to relocate to Dallas, Texas area to join the Gearbox team
- A proven and seasoned ability to express your ideas and vision visually in an inspirational and exciting fashion
- Strong background in visual arts, with a solid understanding of 2D and 3D design principles
- Should have firm understanding of necessary art creation tools (3D Studio Max / Photoshop / Mudbox / Zbrush / etc)
- Unreal 3/UDK experience a plus
- Have 5+ years game industry experience with shipped games
- Must have leadership experience
- Must provide tangible proof of your tremendous capabilities
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.