The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Framingham, MA
Disruptor Beam does not have a traditional art pipeline. Our artists are equally skilled at creating amazing-looking art within modeling tools as they are at rendering them in real-time within Unity--together with shaders and lighting systems that deliver high-quality experiences. To hear our team talk about our art department, you can watch this video.
We’re looking for a lead 3D artist who can create gorgeous, engaging content for mobile and online games based on iconic franchises such as Game of Thrones and Star Trek. This is a leadership position where you’ll help us set the bar for what our 3D graphics department is capable of. If you’ve ever wanted to help build a company as well as great games, this is your opportunity.
- Create complete art assets; from initial design to in-engine optimization
- Modeling, texturing, lighting, rigging, animating of characters and environments
- Create high-quality visual effects using shaders and particles
- Use creativity and visual storytelling to solve problems in game design
- Work closely with engineers and designers to work out technical challenges pertaining to the art pipeline
- Help us build the 3D art department: mentor, advise on hires, tools, etc.
- Interest in not only building games but building a company—help us set the bar for what 3D graphics can mean on tablet/mobile!
- Strong familiarity with commercial 3D design packages (3DS Max and/or Maya)
- Familiarity with implementing shader graphs and particle systems in a commercial game engine environment
- Experience with commercial graphics pipelines, scripting and a track record shipping commercial games
- Ability to push the envelope of possibilities—don’t just follow in industry foot-steps, but set a whole new direction
- High technical knowledge
This is an on-site position in Framingham, MA (near Boston). We'll cover relocation expenses.
When applying for this position, please include a link to your most recent portfolio of work along with your cover letter and resume. In addition to your portfolio, please tell us a bit about some of the technical challenges (shaders, lighting, etc.) that you've solved when creating real-time applications of your art.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.