The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: London, Ontario
Based in London, Ontario, Canada, Digital Extremes proudly ranks as one of the world’s top independent game development studios. With a development history spanning two decades, Digital Extremes has brought some of gaming’s most recognizable titles to players worldwide.
Digital Extremes prides itself on providing a warm, inviting, creative work environment for its team and has recently been named as one of 'Canada's Top 100 Employers'. Competitive salaries, profit sharing, stock options, retirement matching, ample vacation and free daily homemade lunches are just a few of the many perks our employees enjoy.
But all these perks aren't worth much if you're not working on exciting ambitious projects that get your creative juices flowing and that's where DE shines. So, join us in London, Ontario, the family-friendly Forest City and land of impressively affordable living to be a part of a passionate, devoted team of developing ninjas.
- Design, model, and texture awe inspiring high quality 3D game worlds
- Collaborate with Layout and Design departments to create fun, functional, and memorable game worlds and levels
- Ensure gameplay functionality and artistic integrityCreate any aspect of a 3D game environment including high quality modeling, texturing, and lighting of terrain, architecture, world objects and collisions
- Work closely with Art Director and Environment Art Lead to meet and maintain visual targets of the project
- Multitask effectively, prioritize competing demands, and follow through on details
- 1+ years previous experience in the video game industry
- A portfolio that demonstrates excellent concept, modeling and texturing
- Strong lighting skills and experience creating normal maps and applying shaders
- Above average ability to model, texture, and optimize props and assets for a state of the art next-gen game engine
- Possess exemplary oral and written communication skillsExperience with Maya or Max, ZBrush or Mudbox, and Photoshop
- Experience with Painter highly beneficialHave a genuine enthusiasm and interest in video games
- Excellent understanding of efficient techniques for game production
- Working knowledge of the Evolution EngineTraditional art background or experience
- Strong Composition skills and an understanding of Colour Theory
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.