The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
You're a special kind of artist. When you hear designers talk about hovering, you think button states. It's hard talking to 3d artists - they keep misusing the term "wireframe." Recurring nightmare: a string gets infected by German and grows to TEN TIMES its normal size.
You create beautiful, functional UI in a range of styles. Kitten petting game? Easy. Underwater merman village? Check!
You know how to give designers the beautiful button they want, not the functional button they're asking for.
You know it's important to land that back button in just... the right... spot. There.
You love UI challenges, and Demiurge needs you.
If you care about the user’s experience from the very first splash screen all the way through the ending credits, we’d love to talk with you!
- Design & implement static and animated user interfaces for video games to be shipped on iOS, Android and PC
- Execute UI design with a keen eye for detail at all levels - attend to the overarching screen-to-screen UI placement as well as the border treatment in an achievement icon
- Work independently and collaboratively with team members to solve UI challenges
- Quickly mockup & communicate design intents in a fast-paced, highly iterative development environment
- Accurately estimate your work and expected development times while making smart tradeoffs between quality and pace
- Expert user of industry standard tools including Photoshop, Illustrator and Flash
- Experience designing screen flows for console, PC and/or iOS titles
- A thorough understanding of visual and textual communication principles
- Comfortable giving and receiving work critiques in open sessions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A passion for creating high quality user experiences in a team setting
PREFERENCE TO APPLICANTS WITH
- Experience developing Flash interfaces
- Experience developing interfaces in Unity
- Experience making interfaces for mobile games
- Credit on titles localized for French, Italian, German, Spanish and Japanese
- A degree in UX, fine art or graphic design
- Experience creating marketing materials or developing brands
- Outside interests!
Please send a resume and a portfolio website for consideration. Please include the URL for your website on your resume.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.