The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Champaign, IL
You will be working in a collaborative environment of artists, designers, and programmers.
You will have the opportunity to push the quality of content through the continued development of cutting-edge tools and pipelines for next-gen game development.
We are considering qualified applicants for a senior or principal technical artist position.
• Design and assist in developing tools and pipelines for Artists and Designers.
• Proactively seek out inefficiencies and problems in existing pipelines and identify potential solutions.
• Improve and enhance tools/processes throughout the project cycle.
• Assist programmers and designers in researching and developing new game features.
• Assist in checking art content against technical guidelines prior to integration in the game.
• Fluent knowledge of at least one major 3D software package (Max, Maya, XSI).
• Must be able to work comfortably with common scripting languages (MAX script, MEL script, Python, etc.).
• Demonstrated initiative and strong problem-solving skills.
• 4+ years of experience in the game industry or 6+ years in 3D computer graphics industry.
Sample Work Required:
• Samples, demonstrations or documentation of tools pipelines developed to overcome past challenges.
• Strong art portfolio demonstrating proficiency and talent with both CG and traditional art skills (Preferably via online or CD/DVD) is encouraged, but not required.