The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Los Gatos, CA
We are currently looking for a full-time Senior Animator. Join the Cryptic team where you can influence and illustrate a fanciful universe that will be recreated in three dimensions for console and PC platforms, in an environment that allows your art skills to flourish. If you have the skills to create fun and appealing animations and a thorough understanding of animation fundamentals, you could help shape the Cryptic universe.
Located in Northern California in Los Gatos, we offer the fun, focused and casual atmosphere of a small developer. We actively balance our work with the personal lives of our employees. At Cryptic, we only hire the best and most talented people who love the work, the genre and the game.
- Create and maintain animations for real time game assets
- Develop, maintain, and evolve the animation pipeline
- Full creature development including rigging, scripting and data implementation
- Work with design team to create high impact, modular animations
- Help build and maintain animation schedules to ensure cost-effective, timely production
- Drive artistic vision, and mentor fellow teammates.
- Exceptional skill in animating the human bipedal figure, as well as other organic forms
- Expert Knowledge in 3DSMax (Rigging, Scripting, Modeling, etc.)
- A thorough understanding of animation pipelines and the processes involved from the conceptual phase to implementation
- Able to effectively collaborate with game designers and programmers
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
- 3 to 7 years in game development
- 3 to 9 game titles shipped
- 4 year degree required or equivalent experience in similar field
- Previous MMO game development experience.
- Skill in one or more related disciplines – technical art, visual effects, or modeling
- A passion for making video games
- An exceptional individual who combines animation mastery with technical still and broad game experience to produce amazing things
Must be eligible to work in the United States.