The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Irvine, CA
Managing creative talent is a creative talent all its own. As art manager, you’ll be responsible for the management of the World of Warcraft art and animation team, working with production on scheduling and tasking, and the overall growth and improvement of the art department—leveling up, as it were. We’d love to see a background in AAA art, though it’ll be a combination of your experience managing creative people and an understanding of game dev dynamics that’ll be most critical to your success in this role.
Passion for managing artists over managing the art is a distinction we’d like to make here. We’re really looking for a manager who loves guiding artists to success, both individually and as a department. Take a look below at the responsibilities to get a better sense of the day-to-day responsibilities. If you’re ready to embrace the challenge of mentoring and growing one of the most talented art departments in the industry, we want to hear from you!
- Manage individuals and production in the animation and art departments for World of Warcraft.
- Supervise staff and work with Senior Art Manager and team Leads to provide work direction, performance reviews, and coaching.
- Create and implement action plans for the department's future success, emphasizing training and development.
- Administer staffing decisions that help achieve both the short-term and long-range goals of the team
- Help create and manage department schedule and insure proper workflow through the department.
- Experience as a lead, supervisor, art manager or art director in AAA game art production
- Demonstrated ability to manage a group of artists in a dynamically changing game production environment
- Proven ability to deal a with a wide range of personnel issues including recruitment, career development and conflict resolution
- Demonstrated ability to interact as part of a team and to contribute to increasing productivity goals and efficiencies
- Strong organizational skills
- Well-developed interpersonal communication skills, diplomacy and tact
- Bachelor’s Degree in Art, Animation, Computer Graphics, or related field
SUBMISSION / PORTFOLIO REQUIREMENTS
- Resume required
- Cover letter required
- Portfolio and / or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills required
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album)