The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions
being advertised right now.Location: Irvine, California
Blizzard Entertainment is currently looking for an experienced, creative, and artistically talented User Interface (UI) artist for Starcraft II & Heroes of the Storm. The UI artist will work closely with the Lead UI artist, art director, and designers to conceptualize the visual style, and interactive experience for Starcraft II, Heroes of the Storm, and any related projects.
- Create a unique, and engaging visual identity that supports, and reinforces gameplay.
- Apply, and maintain a consistent art style throughout the entire project interface.
- Create animated prototypes demonstrating UI interaction models.
- Collaborate with a team of engineers in the implementation of UI components.
- Work collaboratively within a team of developers to create an intuitive UI experience.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience working in the graphics arts, interaction design, or advertising field
- Strong graphic design skills -- particular iconography creation, artistic sense, and fluency in Adobe Photoshop
- Able to illustrate UI components that are consistent with Blizzard Entertainment's design philosophy
- Strong ability to digitally render and paint all types of materials and surfaces
- Strong understanding of UI and usability principals
- Awareness of current trends in Web and user interface design
- Able to work well with a team in a dynamic, cross-discipline, and iterative setting
- Able to understand technical implementations and limitations
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- A passion for video games and user interface design
- Game industry experience designing user interfaces for software titles
- Prototyping skills with tools such as Adobe Flash / Microsoft Blend
- Wire-framing experience using Visio
- Traditional 2D sketching and composition skills
- Extensive experience playing Blizzard Entertainment games
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. and its affiliated companies is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Interested? Get started here
. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here