The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Raleigh, NC
Founded in 2014 by Cliff Bleszinski and Arjan Brussee, Boss Key Productions is a new video game development studio based in the heart of Raleigh, NC. BKP believes in an agile, no-nonsense approach to product and studio building with an emphasis on high quality product in a friendly environment while remaining as transparent as possible to the gaming community.
Boss Key is currently partnered with Nexon, co, on a project that is codenamed “BlueStreak,” a free to play science fiction first person shooter.
Boss Key Productions is looking for a talented Visual Effects (FX) Artist to create stunning visual effects for our titles. The ideal candidate will show strong attention to detail backed up with excellent technical understanding and ability to achieve optimum results. Industry experience or equivalent preferred and all applications should be accompanied with examples of work.
The primary job responsibilities of the Visual Effects Artist are:
- Be experienced at creating a wide range of high quality particle effects using proprietary particle tools and various 3rd party software
- Interact closely with rendering programmers and technical art to maintain and improve our effects systems and tools
- Have the ability to collaborate effectively with other team disciplines (code, design, animation)
- Demonstrate creativity and technical ability within the constraints of PC development
- Develop assets optimized for current PC systems
- Troubleshoot and problem solve visual effects related issues
- Industry experience, with shipped title demonstrating real-time particle effects
- Exceptional understanding of Photoshop and/or After Effects for creating textures and effects sequences
- Experience with 3dsMax modeling and UV mapping
- Self-motivated, with a strong ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Effective time management skills to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality
- The ability to view visual reference of an effect, deconstruct it and subsequently re-create it in a real-time game engine is essential
- Strong knowledge of environmental effects, lighting, and dynamics
- Only US citizens or individuals with a valid green card should apply
- Deep proficiency and skill playing first-person shooters
- Expert understanding of and experience playing highly challenging, cooperative experiences
Required Application Materials
- Cover letter
- Portfolio of relevant work
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album). Willingness to complete art test if required
**Only submittals with all three will be considered.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.