The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Albany, New York
Vicarious Visions, developer of numerous award winning games, including Skylanders Super Chargers, Skylanders Swap Force, Guitar Hero: On Tour, and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 is seeking a passionate, motivated, and experienced Animation Specialist to join our team of talented developers in creating next generation games.
Job duties include
- Work closely with the Animation Lead developing, defining and maintaining high-end animation.
- Seek out guidance from lead and other experienced artists to provide the best quality artwork and most efficient methodologies.
- Proactive in creating solutions and solving problems.
- Participate in peer reviews, giving and receiving team feedback.
- Able to work with team members of other disciplines. Such as, communicating with game-play programmers for implementing character mechanics.
- Collaborate in generating and presenting ideas for Artist development and Studio growth.
- Contribute documentation on processes and task tracking throughout development cycle.
- Recruit, review portfolios and interview applicants.
- 5 plus years industry experience animating at a high level with 2 shipped titles or equivalent in film.
- Expertise within the Principles of Animation with high quality timing, weight, and acting skills.
- Expert understanding of character motion in a range of styles.
- Experience animating in 3D Software, such as 3DSMax or Maya.
- Must have a passion to create the best quality artwork possible for any game genre.
- Task driven, self-motivated & proactive.
- Adept to changing requirements.
- Must have a positive attitude and be a team player.
- Provide Samples of your animation on DVD, CD, or online with a clear explanation of what you did.
Pluses for the ideal Candidate
- Experience as an Animation Lead, Teacher or Mentor.
- Experience with cinematic production.
- Character modeling.
- Havok rigging.
- Passion for Video Games.
- Pre-production skills such as Storyboarding and Animatics.
- Rigging and Point Weighting character meshes.
- Work with facial animation.
Come work with us on our exciting new titles! We offer a modern work environment, an outstanding compensation and benefits package, a fun, team environment, impressively affordable living, and an exceptional quality of life!
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.