The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Santa Monica, California
We are looking for a passionate and talented User Experience Designer to build compelling and accessible interfaces for our games. As UX Designer you will contribute to the vision for how players experience the game for both online experiences as well as core single player experiences in the game. You will work with other Designers, Artists and Engineers to ensure that all aspects of the game’s interface are easily understood and support the goals of the game.
What you'll be doing:
• Collaborate with the team to translate game systems and gameplay user experience goals into intuitive interfaces that support and enhance the game experience.
• Create conceptual wireframes, user flow diagrams, and low-fidelity prototypes to communicate design concepts for discussion and testing purposes.
• Collaborate with artists to create high-fidelity mockups to solidify design direction and planning.
• Observe and interpret results of usability testing and live game metrics, sharing conclusions with the team that help increase accessibility and inform design decision making game-wide.
• Produce finished design specs with detailed requirements and use cases for final game user interface, including in-game UI (e.g. HUD).
The skills & experience you'll need:
• 2+ years of experience as an interface or user experience designer for games, software, mobile or internet applications.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills and a solid understanding of user-centered design principles to design a complete interface for all game features that is functional, usable, appealing, and accessible.
• Awareness of trends in hardware and operating systems, interface design, interactive design, and competitive software to help identify opportunities for innovation.
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to present ideas and specifications to a broad range of team members from different disciplines.
• Ability to observe, understand and translate research into actionable insights for interface improvements.
• Solid skills with Adobe illustrator or similar program.
And you'll really get our attention if you have:
• Game industry experience designing UI for games, preferably on PC.
• Game industry experience designing gameplay systems of any sort.
• Experience working with assets in a game engine, including UI authoring tools.
• Formal information architecture or user centered design training.
• Graphic design skills.
• Passion for gaming with an eye to how user experience contributes to the success and accessibility of games.
Founded in 1996, Treyarch is home to some of the industry's best and brightest talent. The studio is an industry-leading game developer whose Call of Duty: Black Ops II set world-wide launch day records. The studio's previous game, Call of Duty: Black Ops, set an entertainment launch opening record upon its release in 2010 and continues to be one of the best-selling games of all time.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.