The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Austin, TX
BattleCry Studios, the newest ZeniMax studio in Austin, is seeking a talented Lead Concept Artist for recently announced title, BATTLECRY.
In this role, you will:
- Partner with Art Director Andrew Collins (SW:TOR, Star Wars Galaxies) and Creative Director Viktor Antonov (creative lead on Half Life 2 and Dishonored) to help drive our distinctive art style and evolve the vision of BATTLECRY
- Lead and mentor a team of concept artists
- Collaborate with the art team to implement and maintain the creative vision for the game
- Ensure quality and consistency of assets by maintaining responsibility over your work throughout BATTLECRY’s development
To be successful, you must have:
- Excellent traditional artistic skills with a strong grasp of composition, anatomy, color theory, perspective, lighting, environment, architectural, character, costume and graphic design
- Proficiency in life drawing as well as a strong imagination and willingness to push the envelope, and to innovate within the parameters of the game’s world
- The ability to storyboard and help conceptualize character movement and VFX
- Strong communication and excellent visual storytelling and written skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to accurately estimate tasks and maintain schedules
- Strong communication skills and understanding of various art disciplines (animation, character, environment, VFX)
- A very strong understanding of characters and ability to push a variety of styles
- A passion for gaming
It’d be great if you also have:
- Experience in the game industry, even better if in AAA game development
- Strong understanding of various architectural styles and early 20th century mechanics
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.